Tuesday, May 13

Counting those chickens before they hatch

After school today, I went shopping for a new minivan. (Insert girly squeal of excitement here). I must say that I have not been so happy, since before our car was smashed to smithereens on Saturday. At first I was pretty disappointed with the selection. I was starting to think I'd have to settle for something ho-drum and bare basics. But then, right as I was thinking about moving on to another pre-owned dealership, our wonderful salesman found a much better minivan that could be squeezed into our price range.

It was heavenly to drive and the clicker will open the side doors and the trunk! How cool is that? There were a few flaws that kept my feet on the ground. Tomorrow we're taking it over to an independent mechanic shop for a pre-purchase inspection. If all goes well, and if our moolah comes through from the insurance company, then we'll have a Mommy-mobile by the weekend.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I have a feeling that there are too many ifs in that sentence!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! I don't have a minivan, but that remote door entry is fantastic (I don't have that-either!). Hope it all works out...you'll have to post a picture when/if you get it!

Anne Elizabeth said...

I want a mini van really bad. We have been without our own car since January. I really hope it works out for you!

CityStreams said...

Yeah, I was right. Too many ifs in that sentence. Bummer dude!