Thursday, May 15

Mickey Dees Freebies

As an anniversary gift to me today, McDonald's is giving away free chicken sandwiches to anyone who purchases a medium or large drink! I must admit that they don't hold a candle to the original Chic-Fil-A sandwich but you know, you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. They're free until 7 pm today.

Hubster took me out to the golden arches for a romantic anniversary treat. We went through the drive-thru line and got ourselves hot fudge sundaes. Ain't we living the high life? Seriously though, after the week I've had dealing with insurance claims and the hassle of finding a reliable vehicle to replace our silver bullet, it was a welcome relief. I've cried myself to sleep over it all twice this week. So, as redneck as it sounds, I really was thrilled to be getting a $1 icecream with my dear Hubby. We joked around and teased each other. And the cares of the past few days seemed to slip away.

It really was sort of romantic.

3 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Are first outing after I had Miss Pink was to wendy's. I got all dressed up and we didn't even get out of the car:) It is the simple things that bring me joy:)

Anonymous said...

This is great! Really, it's just the time together that makes it romantic. Tonight is our night to have dinner together, sans children. Maybe I'll have the hubbie pick up McD's and maybe--just maybe--I'll put on some lipstick! :)

Veronica said...

Our first anniversary after Rea was born, we were eating frozen chicken pot pies standing up at the kitchen island! The next anniversary wasn't much more impressive, kids really change your priorities. Happy anniversary anyway!!