This first one took place as we were driving out of the McDonald's parking lot. We'd swooped through the drive through to get beverages, since we were parched.
Hubs: I think McDonald's Coke tastes better than regular Coke. But I wonder if that's just because I associate it with their fries, which really are better than everybody else's fries.
Me: You really think that you can taste the difference between McDonald's Coke and Coke from somewhere else?
Hubs: Oh yeah! I mean, it's easy to tell the difference between canned Coke, 2 liter Coke and fountain drinks.
Me: Right, but could you tell the difference between, mmm... say ... a gas station's fountain drink and a McDonald's fountain drink?
Hubs: As long as it was Coke. Yeah. I think so.
Me: Hmm! We should do an experiment. We could drive around and get Cokes from three different gas stations and then go get Cokes from three different McDonald's and then we could test you to see if you could consistently tell the difference, while you were blindfolded or something.
Hubs:Yeah that would be fun.
(Short pause. Then we both looked at each other and started howling with laughter.)
Hubs: When would we ever have that much free time? We'd have to be bored out of our minds!
Me:I know, right?
Hubs:But if we'd thought of that back when we were kids, we probably would have done it. It would have been fun too!
Me: Well, at least we don't see any boring times up ahead in our future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later on, after we'd run our errands, we headed over to have a nice dinner at one of the local chain restaurants with our recently engaged friends. As we pulled in the parking lot, we both noticed an unusual quietness coming from the back seat.
Me: I think the baby fell asleep.
Hubs: Oh no! She's going to cry when we wake her up!
Me: I know.
Hubs: Can we just eat out here? Please?
Me: In the parking lot?
Hubs: Yeah, why not? Hey, we can get take out!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh that is hysterical. I felt like I was there in the car with you both. You should submit it to parents magazine for a funny story.:)
Hmmm... maybe I will. Good tip!
It's like those Sonic commercials on tv! Love it. I have similar conversations w/my hubby as well.
Also, I can totally tell the difference between Cokes (and Pepsi's) from different places. McDonald's is the best, Taco Bell's are worst. I'm glad I'm not as insane as I thought!
Post a Comment