Wednesday, October 3

how do single moms do this?

I have to say that two weeks into my new job as a mom I am more than just a little overwhelmed. There's so much work that goes into taking care of a baby! I am so grateful that we have such a wonderful supportive group of friends. Our Sunday School class has been bringing us meals. Friends have been visiting. My mother-in-law stayed with us and was tons of help! But most of all my husband has been wonderful about making sure I'm okay and getting enough sleep.
I'm starting to appreciate the saying that it "takes a village to raise a child." I know that I couldn't do all of this on my own or in a new city or far from my family. I'm really grateful that everyone is so close and willing to help out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know! I am blessed that my mom retired a week before Annalie was born, and she came to stay with us for three weeks the day we came home from the hospital, and it was FANTASTIC. Also, my husband was in grad school on the Navy's dime when Annalie was born, so he was at home the whole first three months of her life since it was summer and he wasn't taking any classes! I am a little afraid to have another child because the circumstances will never be as idyllic. ;-)

So glad your "village" is rallying around you and making your first weeks of parenthood less overwhelming!