Friday, September 28

Milking me for all I'm worth

I've been a milk machine for 11 days now. There's really no way to describe what it's like to have an adorable leach attached to you all the time. My schedule now revolves around her tiny tummy. We wake up a few times each night to fill her up again. Our outings have to be perfectly timed during the day. I have about two hours from the time we finish feeding to the time she starts getting hungry again. So I can run to one store before I have to come home and feed her. I haven't made it very far from home yet since I became a Mommy. Thank goodness our house is near a Wal-Mart. Target however is too far! I can't make it there and back in enough time :o)
These past few weeks have really been a roller coaster ride. Of course my hormones are bouncing all over the map. I've regained my appreciation for chocolate. (When I was pregnant I just wasn't very interested in chocolate. I could easily eat one bite and stop.) And, yet it's amazing how fast my abdomen has been shrinking! Sometimes I'm surprised to see myself skinny again. I still have about fifteen pounds to drop and a very distinctive tummy pudge. But every day I look more like my pre-pregnancy self. And those of you who've known me for a long time will be shocked to hear that I am dying to go work out! We joined a gym and I'm so jealous of my hubby because he's been going every day :o) I hope my doctor will let me go soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're adapting pretty well to your strange new life as a Mommy. And hey, I think two hours away from your baby is pretty good for an 11-day-old. :-) Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Moo from one milk machine to another ;) So glad to hear that nursing is going well with the little one. Did you purchase a pump? I often will pump a bottle to take with us if we go out since I am not comfortable nursing out in public. Keep up the great job mommy!

C'est Moi