Wednesday, August 30
quiet moments
Today I find myself savoring the blessings of life again. It's so nice to have these brief windows where the depression recedes and life takes on its vibrancy. Lilly and I took a walk today and the grass was so green, the air so hot. It was marvelous. Later she curled up in my lap while Savannah purred over my head and I read a great book. Right now I have brownies baking in the oven. Life looks good. I type all of this so that in the dark places I can come back and look out this window again. I know the strength I feel right now, and the determination to take on the world will fade, maybe within hours if not days. But soon I will regain my once optimistic outlook on life and will charge forward again. Until then I thank the Lord for the blessings of a peaceful quiet day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hope you don't mind, but I tagged you for a book meme (see my blog).
Keep your chin up!
Post a Comment