I've had a hard time deciding what my New Year's Resolution should be this year. Working out didn't really work out. It's difficult to take the baby to the gym and it turns out that she could get shaken baby syndrome from riding in the papoose carrier while I jog.
I enjoyed memorizing verses while I was on maternity leave, but found that I didn't have the extra time when I went back to work. And it was kind of lonely. I think I will try again when I have more accountability.
I have two goals for this year. The first is to read more. I want to read 12 books this year. And the second goal is to start a young mom's Bible study in our home.
The idea of making littler lists has really revolutionized my day. I used to overwhelm myself with to-do-lists and I won't lie ... sometimes I still do. But if there's one thing I've learned since having a baby, it's that there's never enough time to do everything. When I went back to work I was very careful not to bring work home with me anymore. That has really made a difference in my life at home. Everyone's a lot happier and I can fully focus on what I'm doing.
It's hard to see results when you are trying to clean up your thought-life and speech. So becoming G-rated was too vague of a resolution. Instead, I want to participate in a regular Bible Study this year. I hope to start one in our home.
Anyway, I wish you both happiness and health in the New Year. May God bless you and make His face shine upon you... in 2008.
No comments:
Post a Comment