Tuesday, September 4

False alarm ... again!

All day yesterday I had mild contractions that seemed to run together. I couldn't time them very well. So we finally decided to head to the hospital and see if someone could show us on the monitor what I was supposed to be feeling. The nurse was surprised to see that my contractions were very strong and regular. They were spaced two to three minutes apart. My cervix, however, was firmly closed. So we went home two hours after we checked in. The nurse told us when things got more intense to come back in.
So today I went to school. I was in serious pain for most of the day. I had around 8 different people ask me what they'd done to make me mad. I was grumpy and unpleasant pretty much all day. My contractions kept increasing in intensity until I was holding my breath waiting for them to stop (pain level of 5-6). And all the while I had to field questions left and right while I conducted class. So by the end of the day I was exhausted and my whole body was knotted up. I arranged to have a sub come in for the next three days. And then Hubs and I went back to the hospital. They kept us longer tonight (about 3 and 1/2 hours). They gave me IV fluids (just one banana bag) and rechecked my cervix. I'm 95% thinned out. So basically we're just waiting for the dilating to finish. On Thursday I have an OB appt so she can check me again. Tomorrow I'll spend the day resting and planning for my sub. Looks like our baby girl might come this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, sounds like it could happen at any time. Take it easy and enjoy any rest you can get now. My SIL had her membranes stripped today since she's 2-3 cm, -3 and 50% already. Looks like lots of baby girls coming soon. Please keep me posted on how you are doing. Quick and easy labor vibes coming your way.

C'est Moi (your Swaparooni Pal)