Tuesday, April 15

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Over Spring Break I had a chance to catch up on some fun reading. One of the books on my list was The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I've seen lots of commercials on Lifetime for the movie based on this book and I was excited to read it.

The commercial hits all the happy highlights. The book is easy to read and it feels like real life. But the downside is that it feels like real life. I've discovered that I enjoy escaping into a happier place when I read. If the book is not happier than my real life, then I'd rather get a pedicure.

I know I'm pretty pathetic.

Sadly enough, I kept turning those pages hoping that the good part was about to start. When I finished the book I felt so depressed. What a wasted clump of relationships. There was so much potential. The book really emphasized the fact that no secret is worth the cost of a destroyed family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's exactly how I feel about depressing books! They might be beautifully written, but most of the time they just bring me down too much.