Saturday, April 19

Advice Wanted

Hello Loyal Reader(s). I have two completely unrelated questions which require your immediate attention and your opinions.

1. We may be in the market for a new digital camera. I want one that will hold up for awhile and take interesting shots, but I don't want to spend a fortune. What do you recommend? (And any advice on how to convince Frugal Hubster to part with that much cash, is also welcome!)

2. I'm intrigued by the whole BlogHer Ad network idea. For a long time I resented the idea of advertising on a blog. I pride myself on my pure intentions. But really, I want all of your attention for myself. I'm selfish that way. So what is your opinion of advertising on a blog? Do you think that would make me a sell-out? Have you tried it? Is it even worth the effort?

Thank you so much for your highly valued opinion. Please don't be offended if I am not wise enough to follow it!


4 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Love the new look to your blog. . . adorable header!

When JSL was born I was fed up with my pathetic little digital camera. It was a lemon and I did not want to always use hubby's. I bought a Canon PowerShot A570 that is small enough to keep with me at all times (a must with the kiddos) and has nice features. Hubby did a lot of research on cameras before the purchase (my parents bought the same one). I believe we got it from NewEgg.com for an amazing price. If you want more information just e-mail me. I believe mine was about $150, possibly less since it was a great sale.

About the ads. As you know I recently got them. I did not like the idea long ago. I was going to forget it, but after a while I said why not? You really do not look at them much and you have a decent amount of control over what is on them within your blog with BlogHer. Just an FYI they just closed up new applications for a little while again. This really is a decision you need to make. BlogHer has certain places where they must be, but you select the size and general set up. Very easy to follow since they give you the code to use.

Good luck making your decision and just ask if you want some great places for digital camera reviews and prices. Definitely look at them locally, but often online stores sell them for less and give you additional perks.

Jeana said...

I have been very happy with BlogHer, and I like how much control I have over the ads. If they open it up again, I would recommend them.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love BlogHerAds. I dispise unreliable Google Ads.

There you have it! You can tell BlogHer what you do/do not want to advertise and they email you all their new ads ahead of time so you can see what you're going to be advertising. They rock.

Joy said...

There's a Canon camera out there that is amazing and affordable (like $140 price range).