The holidays are upon us and you're trying to figure out how to cut a few calories without having to forego the yummy food of the season. Here's how I switched to Diet Coke. First I realized that by drinking two twelve ounce Cokes a day I was consuming 280 extra calories. That's an extra meal folks! But I hated the taste of diet drinks and I didn't want to drink water. So how did I do it? Simple, put a diet drink in your hands when you're most distracted. For me it was the movie theater. It's dark. I drink my soda without thinking about it or even tasting it. So I would order the big gulp Diet Coke and sip away during a movie. This also works at home but you need to disguise your drink. You don't want to think about the fact that it's a diet drink until you're done. After a few movies I didn't mind the sweet ickiness of aspartame any more. And I was able to stick to that New Year's Resolution.For more ideas of what can work for you go to WFMW at Rocks in My Dryer.
2 comments:
Have you tried the new Coke Zero? I gave up caffeinated beverages a long time ago. This weekend I wanted some soda while away. My sister-in-law had the Cherry Coke Zero since she us nursing. It was not bad. Thanks to it having Splenda it is nursing friendly and does not have the icky Aspertame aftertaste.
I'm not a diet soda fan, but this may be worth a try. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today. Nice to "meetcha!"
Post a Comment