Thursday, April 24

Check (the chess kind)

Today has been a real Jonah day. Things have gone from bad to worse. We'll start with the worst part. When I arrived to pick up Bri from daycare, the lady told me that she has not been herself today. She didn't laugh or play like she usually does. Her cough is much deeper and she has red bags under her eyes. I took her home with a promise to get her checked out by the doctor tomorrow. And when I was feeding her dinner I realized that she has a rash under her arms.
There are other things that are bothering me too, but we'll stop there. I don't want to whine here. I'll save it for the Hubster! Your prayers are appreciated. Sigh.

PS- The reason I call this post "Check," is because I feel like there are lots of antagonistic forces surrounding me and forcing me to either do something against my will or give up altogether. Sort of like the king must feel when he's checked in chess.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Call us if you need us, no matter what time!

Anne Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry that your daughter is sick. We have been battling a severe cold for weeks now. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like there are antagonistic forces surrounding you and forcing you to either do something against my will or give up altogether. I have felt like that a lot lately. My name is Anne and I will be praying for you and your family