Wednesday, February 20

wrapped and unread

In one of my past lives ~ the one where I was a struggling medical school student ~ I purchased a two year subscription for a trendy home decorating magazine called Domino. Mostly I just wanted the free tote that came with the subscription but I also really liked the magazine back then. It had lots of interesting ideas for arranging furniture.

Somehow the furniture in our house has changed since then. The pictures in the magazine never seem to have baby toys scattered around or bouncer seats in the corners. And the idea of paying $1000 for a plastic Lucite chair seems ludicrous!

Now the magazine mostly serves as a monthly reminder that I'm way too busy. Today when I found the March issue in the mailbox I could hardly believe it. The February issue is still wrapped in plastic and sitting on the dryer! I don't even have time to open them anymore!


No comments: