I was awed!
I was inspired!
I felt like quitting my job.
Because let's face it ... I could never be half as good of a teacher as Erin Gruwell. She actually worked three jobs so that she could take her classes on trips and have parties for their families!!! Three jobs! And on top of that, her kids would sometimes work on projects with her until 9 and 10 pm. She was soooo dedicated. Me - I grumble if I have to take papers home to grade them.
But the progress she made... I just hope that one day I will have been able to impact even one of my students the way she impacted all of her classes. She really taught them how to succeed. And as a result her low-income, impoverished, least likely to graduate classes, not only graduated but went on to go to college!
No comments:
Post a Comment