After:
Thursday, October 25
Desperate Haircut
My last professional haircut was a very expensive mistake in a series of similarly expensive mistakes. I had hoped to change stylists sometime between that haircut in July and my due date. However the stylist that I wanted to go to is no longer accepting new clients. Plus I now have a baby to add to the equation which will be tricky. Anyway, I've really been dying to get my hair cut so I researched how to do it myself online. After reading about different techniques, I grabbed my kitchen shears and pulled my hair up into a pony tail and started hacking. When the hair settled on the floor I looked in the mirror and was really pleased. Then I saw the back and I was HORRIFIED. Ooops! So I tried to trim the chunky funky layers and ended up with a giant hole in the middle. At this point I was afraid to continue so I called my fabulous sister. She dropped whatever it was that she was doing and showed up at my doorstep 20 minutes later. After about thirty minutes of snipping and fixing, this was the final result. I think it turned out pretty nicely although much shorter than I originally planned!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks great!!
Excellent new haircut! It is SO much easier to deal with shorter hair. As you may recall right before we were swap buddies I chopped a little over 10 inches from my hair and donated them. Now I wonder why I would want it long again. As it grows, it is just easier for the baby to grab anyway. Talk about ouch!
Thanks for sharing your super cute new haircut. . . enjoy!
Post a Comment